Thursday, December 20, 2012

In memory of 12/14/12

The country mourns, the families weep,
the flags are raised half staff,
Many wonder where God was,
"Why weren't you there to stop this path?"

God answers in the quiet,
"I was there, my heart did break.
For what hurts you, hurts Me much more
and vengeance I will take.

You see, I gave free will to man;
this one rejected me.
And for that, he will be judged,
as anyone would be.

There are no degrees of sin, I say,
I see them all the same.
For murder is the same as lies,
all sin must be paid.

But do not be discouraged,
there is a plan to save
this broken, sad and sinful world,
My Son has made a way.

My Son, He shed His blood for you,
the payment for your sin,
without His body broken,
you can never enter in.

No matter how much good you've done,
you'll always miss the mark,
for Jesus is the only way,
the True Light in the dark.

He rose again with power to save,
come choose to follow Me.
This is the life designed for you,
choose Me to set you free.

I do not promise an easy life,
this world is not your home.
For in this journey you will have
much pain before you go.

However, I do promise,
to walk you to the end.
I'll guide you and direct you
til death you will befriend.

Eternity in Heaven, oh,
I'll wipe away your tears.
There is no pain, no hurt, no strife,
only joy you will find here."

2 comments: